if you tell me your e-mail address in a private message, I can send you a few photographs of building the 125/350.
I would do it with the 125cc-frame, take a Kanguro swingarm and a stronger frontfork.
The kanguro swingarm is easy to find and you must only cut the suspension holder. I can send you pics.
Hello piero57,
my name is Dieter and I have built the bike 125H with 350cc-engine you can see at the first site.
The frame of the 125 and the 250C is nearly the same, but it´s easier to fit the engine to the 250cc frame.
The frame is good for about 50hp. Only the front fork is a bit weak and the rear swing arm is also a little bit weak.
The bike is street-legal. My son uses it at vintage races and is very fast with this little bike.
I have built a 250-frame with 501 engine (tested 48hp) for vintage races, without street homologation, only for race with front fork from Suzuki gsx 600f in upper and lower trapezium of Morini Excalibur, rear swingarm is from Kanguro, ... The weight is 119kg with petrol.
This bike goes very well and is nearly unbeatable on track. ... only the driver is beatable I
Best regards
Dieter
Hello Dieter, nice to meet you here (instead of in Morano...). Anyway, I realize the 3 1/2 mo tor swapped in a 125 frame is quite a little bit complicate. I have already put a 350 motor in a 250 2C frame without any problema and can confirm your considerations about the front fork...
The problem is that a 250 frame is very rare here also because many tuners use it instead of a genuine 3 1/2 one. I agree with you about using a decent front fork and a good rear suspension, the Life became different! Congratulations for your bikes and stay tuned on this forum!!!
"Per i nuovi del forum Dieter è una vecchia conoscenza del Morini Club Italia, sempre presente al Morini Day"
For upload your pictures you've to use the imageshack.us/ service, and paste the "forum specific link"
Per Franco,
grande ammirazione per il lavoro fatto per trasformare le ruote a razze in ruote a raggi, per chi non ha notato..... sia il cerchio che il mozzo!! (della serie non si butta via niente )
Non sarà un esempio di semplificazione, ma è un grande esempio per l'arte di arrangiarsi con quel che si ha, tutti buoni a fare una special aprendo il portafoglio e comprando quanto di meglio si trova! Bravo!!
Hello piero57,
my name is Dieter and I have built the bike 125H with 350cc-engine you can see at the first site.
The frame of the 125 and the 250C is nearly the same, but it´s easier to fit the engine to the 250cc frame.
The frame is good for about 50hp. Only the front fork is a bit weak and the rear swing arm is also a little bit weak.
The bike is street-legal. My son uses it at vintage races and is very fast with this little bike.
I have built a 250-frame with 501 engine (tested 48hp) for vintage races, without street homologation, only for race with front fork from Suzuki gsx 600f in upper and lower trapezium of Morini Excalibur, rear swingarm is from Kanguro, ... The weight is 119kg with petrol.
This bike goes very well and is nearly unbeatable on track. ... only the driver is beatable
Best regards
Dieter